Friday, January 1, 2010

010110

It's the eve of the first day of the first week of the first month of the new year, and I've decided to start a blog. Why, you may ask? Is it to enhance my new strep throat induced shut in lifestyle? Or to document new years resolutions? Enhance my e-personality in some vain attempt to increase my self-esteem? Yes, yes, and yes. As the smoky haze covering Quezon City is finally clearing after ten bajillion fireworks exploded last night, I've got a lot on my mind, and even more at my fingertips. So, dear blog, or journal, or whatever you may become; happy new year, happy birthday.

New Years Resolutions: (Disclaimer: To assist in the prevention of the predictable sense failure caused by unachieved new years resolutions, I am simply going to place the words "more" or "less" beside a verb. This way, it's more of a general hinting towards a direction than an out and out goal, shall we say, and thus, harder to judge if it's been achieved or not, and thus! less likely i will even notice if said goals are unattained. This may or may not defeat the purpose of the excercise, but i think not because I have a suspicion that the excercise is really about just feeling good about all of the things which I might achieve this year, before given the chance to actually do them.)

10. Blog MORE (an easy one to start with. this resolution is technically already achieved because once is more than none)
9. Hike to waterfalls and then swim in waterfalls MORE (excercise MORE)
8. Cook/Bake MORE (this naturally follows excercise)
7. Invest MORE in language learning (hopefully French)
6. Drink LESS (predictable)
5. Learn MORE about fixing my bicycle
4. Apply to MORE grad schools (scary!)
3. Spend MORE time with loving friends (whom I miss deeply at the moment)
2. Express myself MORE truthfully/soulfully/artfully (so say the Tarot cards of oh nine)
1. Honour, Love, and Respect self MORE (with the aid of Bell Hooks and other wise women in my life)

No comments:

Post a Comment